see also:
Chemistry, Food and Drugs Division
Customer Service
Dental Services
Population Programme
Tobacco Control Unit
School Health and Audiology Services
Environmental Health Division
Child Development Centre (Couva)
Trinidad Public Health Laboratory
Veterinary Public Health
National Cancer Registry
Medical Library Services
Health Education Division
Health Education
Ambulance and Transport Services
National Surveillance Unit
County Medical Officers of Health (CMOH)
Hansen's Disease Control Programme
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Related Agencies
    Tender Notices
    Suggestions / Complaints
 Ministry of Health Medical Library
 Chemistry, Food and Drugs Division
 International Health Regulations (2005)
Contacts to Remember








Chemistry, Food and Drugs:





Home > Units
Occupational Health

Core Functions of the Occupational Health Unit
This Unit conducts surveys to assess occupational health and safety conditions in industrial establishments and advice is given where necessary. A register of these industries is compiled by the Unit. Assessments and investigations of occupational health and safety issues are free of charge and are conducted by the County Medical Officers of Health.

Employers and employees can seek how to create a safe workplace or lodge complaints about unsafe working practices. You don't have to wait until there is an obvious hazard to lodge a complaint. Your CMOH  (County Medical Officer of Health) can help you avoid potential hazards and prevent workplace accidents and illness.

How can one benefit from the Occupational Health Unit?
One can seek advice or make a complaint through the CMOH about how to create a safe or of any unsafe conditions in the working environment.
One can do so via telephone, completing a "Complaint for Investigation" form from the CMOH office or by sending a letter.  Once the initial query/complaint is lodged the Public Health Inspectors are dispatched to examine the premises.

The inspectors present a report of the findings and recommendations to the relevant RHA.  Public Health Inspectors have the power to order safety improvements or close workplaces if safety standards are not met.


Ministry of Health,
#63 Park Street,
(868)-627-0010 ext. 1630




     Home  |  News  |  Events  |  FAQs  |  Downloads  |  Related Links  |   RSS Feeds  |  Contact Us
The Ministry of Health - Trinidad and Tobago
#63 Park Street Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.   Phone: 868-627-0010