How to self-quarantine?
- Stay in your home or accommodation. Do not go to work, school or other public areas
- Separate yourself from others in your home or accommodation. If possible, find alternative accommodation and stay by yourself.
- Do not allow visitors in your home or accommodation
- Use separate facilities (e.g. bathrooms). If sharing these should be cleaned before use by others
- Wear a mask when you are around others
- Have food, medication and other supplies delivered to you
- Wash your hands before and after contact with you pets
Who should self-quarantine?
- Persons who have recently travelled to Trinidad and Tobago from any country.
- Persons who come into close contact with someone who has recently travelled to Trinidad and Tobago from any country.
- Persons who have come into contact with someone who is suspected of having COVID-19 ( as determined by a health care professional)
- Persons who have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Persons with the signs and symptoms : Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath, Extreme tiredness.
How long is the quarantine process?
According to the World Health Organization, persons may not show symptoms for COVID-19 for up to 14 days after infection. Although a person may not show symptoms, it is still possible to spread the disease. Thus, the quarantine process may last for 14 days. A medical professional will guide and be in close contact with the patient during this process.
Can someone be quarantined at home?
The Medical professional overseeing the quarantine process for the patient will make a decision based on if the person shows symptoms, severity of illness, etc.
What happens after 14 days of Self-Quarantine have passed?
If you have not had symptoms of COVID-19 for the fourteen (14) days of self-quarantine, on the fifteenth (15th) day you may come out of self-quarantine and you should follow the general health precautions. If you do develop symptoms during or after self-quarantine, then call the hotline 877-WELL (9355) for further guidance. If severely ill, call the 811 emergency hotline or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately. NB: If you were officially placed in quarantine on the instruction of a health care provider then that provider will advise you when you may come out of quarantine.