A Field Interviewer speaks with and counsels patients diagnosed with Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), as well as identifies their partners and encourages those persons to get tested.
- Interviews patients and gives advice on their diagnosis.
- Obtains the names of contacts of the patient.
- Advises patients to inform their partners, advising them to be tested. If partners have not reported, then the Field Interviewer goes in search for them.
- Educates and interviews about STDs.
- Visits all patients with reactive blood (positively tested blood) including antenatal patients.
- Advises on prevention methods and assists in the promotion and distribution of contraceptive material.
Minimum of five (5) CXC O’level passes such as Mathematics, English and Social Studies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make patients comfortable enough to open up
- Good report writing skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong investigative skills