Veterinary medicine is the application of medical, diagnostic and therapeutic principles to companion, domestic, exotic, wildlife and production animals.
- Diagnose and treat health problems of animals.
- Work with owners to promote proper healthcare and disease prevention.
- Prescribe and administer medication.
- Perform surgeries/autopsies in animals.
- Work with owners of production animals to meet their breeding goals.
- Set standards for the import/export of animals.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
- Entry requirements include courses such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English.
- Be understanding
- Be patient
- Possess the ability to handle animals
- Have concern for animals
- Possess communication skills
- Have decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work well under pressure