Involves the conduct of technical work in the field of Public Health Education. Work includes giving lectures and demonstrations to groups and voluntary organisations on matters pertaining to Health Education and assisting generally in all other aspects. Work is performed under the supervision of a higher level Health Education Officer who reviews work for conformance to established departmental policies and accepted techniques and procedures through conferences, reports and an evaluation of results achieved.
- Assist in developing and administering a generalised programme of Health Education.
- Assists in the pre-service training programme for Public Health Inspectors and Public Health Nurses by giving lectures, discussion, field studies and observation trips.
- Prepares pamphlets and charts for demonstration purposes.
- Assist in organising exhibitions and in-service training of government employees.
- Advises and consults with voluntary and international agencies.
- Delivers lectures on Health Education to groups and voluntary organisations.
- Advises and consults with interested groups on problems, needs and programmes in Public Health Education.
- Participates in studies and surveys of Public Health Education needs.
- Performs routine clerical duties
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Education.
- Experience in Public Health Education and training as evidenced by a Degree in health Education; or any equivalent combination of experience training.
- Knowledge of principles of Public Health Education.
- Knowledge of the facilities, media, methods and techniques of disseminating educational information to the public.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of health
- Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in gathering data and composing articles and speeches on Public Health topics.
- Ability to interpret public health subjects, community groups and individuals.
- Ability to present ideas accurately, effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret Public Health subjects, community groups and individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, local agencies and community groups.