Biochemists study the chemical constituents of living cells and the reactions and processes they undergo. It is a combination of Chemistry and Biology with the aim of understanding the structure and behaviour of biomolecules.
- Develop new test methods.
- Prepare reports based on experiments or observations.
- Manage laboratory personnel and ensure quality work is done.
- Assist Doctors and /or other health professionals with ongoing research.
- CXC CSEC courses in Mathematics, English Language and the Sciences are recommended.
- CXC CAPE passes in Biology and Chemistry.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Biochemistry.
- Self motivated and inquisitive.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Math and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse research results.